OrCAD PCB Editor
OrCAD PCB Editor offers a proven, scalable, easy-to-use PCB editing and routing solution that grows as needed. Its tight, front-to-back application integration with OrCAD Capture and OrCAD Spice, increases productivity and ensures data integrity
OrCAD PCB Editor offers an interactive environment for creating and editing simple to complex multi-layer PCBs. Its extensive feature set addresses a wide range of design and manufacturability challenges.
Why should you learn?
PCB Editor contains full-featured PCB editor based on Allegro technology; its extensive feature set addresses a wide range of today’s design challenges and manufacturability concerns.
Besides, it enhances your design capability with features like full 3-D viewing of the design, “flip-board” viewing/editing, and new DRCs.
OrCAD PCB Editor provides a powerful and flexible set of floor planning tools and shape-based shove/hug interactive etch creation/ editing. Interactive, shape-based, any-angle, push/shove routing allows designers to quickly solve interconnect challenges.
Its dynamic shape capability offers real-time copper pour plowing/healing functionality during placement and routing iterations.
At CADD Centre, we help you master the following capabilities of OrCAD PCB Editor:
- Enhanced Arc Editing: It is specifically designed for editing clines with curved corners. This function can be used to change the radius of an existing arc, convert a corner vertex point to an arc, slide segments tangent to an arc(s), automatically select or preserve one or both arcs, and slide straight segments that are connected to pins and vias.
- Multi-Line Generator: This feature allows users to begin the group route in open space and experiment with different parameters. A user interface controls the quantity of lines, line width, line to line space, and control trace.
- Via List DRC: It ensures alignment between the vias lists referencing net and region objects against the actual physical vias used in the design.
- Via List Viewer: It now supports a graphical view of the vias associated with the respective physical CSet. Color selection, visibility, and datatip controls are available in the draw options tab.
- 3-D Viewer: This 3-D environment supports several filtering options; camera views; graphic display options such as solid, transparency and wireframe; and mouse driven controls for pan, zoom and spinning the display. 3-D viewing is also supported in pre-selection mode, making it possible to display HDI via structures or isolated sections of the board.
- Flip Design: Designers can now view the layout of the PCB from the bottom side. Flip Design is not just limited to viewing, as design edits such as moving silkscreen text can be performed while in this mode. When Flip Design mode is invoked, there are indicators in the canvas advising this mode is active.
- Enhanced Pad Entry: The interactive etch edit environment improves the transitioning of clines exiting and entering a padstack. The enhanced pad entry works on circle, rectangle, and oblong pads by exiting perpendicular to a pad edge, or exiting out a radius at an angle that does not produce an acute angle.
- Productivity Enhancements: Includes an enhanced windowing operation that permits a polygon selection window, customizable datatips through a user configuration interface, and the measurement of the separation between any two objects, regardless of the layer.
- You will know how to navigate within the PCB Editor window and access UI features to tailor the tool for individual needs; Manage the PCB Editor Work Environment.
- You will know how to create and use scripts; use the Control Panel to locate board database objects and report information about them.
- You will learn to use the Pad Designer to create padstacks for a number of typical pins, such as through-hole and surface-mount pads; Use the Package Symbol Wizard to create a Package Symbol; Use the Symbol Editor to create a surface-mount package.
- You will know to use the Mechanical Symbol Editor to create Board Mechanical Symbols; Use the PCB Design Editor to create a Master Board Design; import Logic Information into PCB Editor
- You will know to add, change & delete properties of components & nets; Use Floor planning to organize the placement of components; interactively place components; selectively place components.
- You will know how to use interactive and auto swapping for pins and gates; define and display etch grids used for routing; add and delete connect lines and vias; prepare for autorouting by creating preliminary embedded planes
- You will learn how to generate positive and negative planes; rename reference designators and backannotate changes made in the PCB Editor to the schematic environment
- You will learn to prepare board design for manufacturing by generating and editing silkscreen layers; using reports available in PCB Editor; setting-up the Design File for Artwork - Preview before plotting, and generating Drill Symbols and legend for fabrication drawing.
Browse and easily navigate through a list of courses offered by us
Bentley’s CONNECT 2015
An opportunity to connect with Infrastructure professionals
Location : Mumbai
Date: 26 & 27th August 2015
Register Now >>
Our reference books are designed to provide holistic training.